india day eight - agra.

India Day Eight - Agra: We drove to the Taj Mahal early this morning in hopes of being one of the first people there. We definitely didn't beat the crowd, but the Taj Mahal was still a m a z i n g:
^^The Taj Mahal was built in 1632 as a memorial tomb for Shah Jahan's favorite wife, Mumtaz Maha. Shah Jahan loved white marble so the entire mausoleum is made of white marble with thousands of precious gemstone inlays. It took over 20 years to build!^^
^^My girls.^^
^^We also went to the Red Fort in Agra. This was built much earlier than the Taj Mahal. We've seen chipmunks all over Agra and our guide mentioned they were really friendly. Someone gave me crumbs and this chipmunk immediately climbed on me. 

India, you've been so good to us! We'll be back ;)

4 comments

  1. Lovely pictures. I still need to go to India. I had made plans to go there a couple of years ago but it had to be cancelled at the last minute.

    http://ohduckydarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip looks like it was amazing! Question - how long did you go for including travel time? I'm thinking of India for our honeymoon in November but not sure if we have enough time for it to be worth it or whether it would be better to wait until we have longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this best post about Taj Mahal that i have read and the photographs that you have shared are very awesome.
    Taj Mahal Private Day Tour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am from India (living in the USA now) and I stumbled into your blog pages. I have to say that this photo journal is amazing. Better than any professional travel magazine like Conde Nast or something like that. Yes I have visited all those places, and of course they made me very nostalgic, because the last time I visited those places were decades ago. Makes me want to go back. I do to a different part of the country. I am glad you enjoyed your trip so much.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top